All for Life
World Diabetes Day 2019
On the occasion of the upcoming World Diabetes Day, Wellkin Hospital is increasing awareness regarding a disastrous complication caused by diabetes: AN AMPUTATION.
Did you know?
- Mauritius has an alarming diabetes health issue with 1 in 5 adults affected.
- Every 30 seconds a lower limb or part of a lower limb is lost to amputation in the world as a consequence of diabetes.
- Amputation in people with diabetes is 10 to 20 times more common than in people without diabetes.
- 85% of all diabetes related foot/leg amputations begin with a foot ulcer.
- Ischaemia (meaning not having enough blood flow to the foot) is a key component responsible for these amputations.
- Ischaemic ulcers/wounds are unlikely to heal with only debridement and wound care and need procedures to increase blood flow to the foot to prevent subsequent amputations.
Should you have ulcers/wounds on your foot or face a potential amputation, visit us for specialised care.
On this World Diabetes Day, benefit from a free consultation at Wellkin Hospital, with Dr Kunal Sibartie ( Vascular Surgeon) . Book your slot now ! Call 605-1000 now. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org