All for Life
Physiotherapy Department – Get your life back on track
Physiotherapists are health care professionals who are experts in mobility and physical performance
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy uses physical techniques to improve your movement, reduce your pain and stiffness, speed up your healing process and increase your quality of life.
Am I eligible for Physiotherapy?
Yes, you can see a physiotherapist at any time. However, it is good to see your doctor to talk about options and to get a referral.
What happens on the initial visit?
The Physiotherapist will take a history of the current problem and then perform a physical examination. Based on these finding, the physiotherapist will then devise a treatment plan for you that may involve electro- therapy, exercise, movement correction, advice and manual techniques.
What does a Physiotherapist do?
A physiotherapist might:
- manipulate your joints
- stretch your muscles
- soft tissue massage
- give you exercises to do
How Does Physical therapy treat pain?
Physical therapists are experts not only in treating pain but also its source. They will look for areas of weakness or stiffness and treat those areas with certain exercises to ease pain and help you move better.
Physiotherapists at Wellkin Hospital
We have highly qualified and well experienced Physiotherapists. The dynamic physiotherapy team at Wellkin is made up of 4 qualified physiotherapists from different countries.
All the staffs are skilled in treating wide range of disabilities from acute intensive care to long term rehabilitation.
State of the art equipment, one to one therapist client interaction, customized treatment and exercise programme. We have a large central gymnasium area and individual treatment rooms
How long do appointments go for?
Our consultations range from 30,45 and 60 minutes.
How can Physiotherapy help me?
A physiotherapist can help treat many things, including:
- Back and neck disorders
- Muscle, ligament and tendon injuries
- Inflammatory conditions
- Joint disorders including joint replacements
- Neurological disorders like Parkinson’s disease, Stroke
- Fractures management
- Post-surgical Rehabilitation
- Posture problems
- Sports injuries
- Neuro – Rehabilitation
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Respiratory therapy for ICU patients
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation for both stress and urge incontinence.
- Ante natal and Postnatal education
- Vertigo \ Dizziness problems.
- Hand rehabilitation
- Amputee patients
- Pediatric and Geriatric rehabilitation.
We offer you a variety of Physiotherapy interventions?
- Mobilisation and Strengthening exercises
- Stretching techniques
- Soft Tissue Massage/ Techniques
- PNF techniques
- Electrotherapy (Ultrasound, Interferential, TENS, Traction)
- Wax therapy /Hydro collateral packs
- Cold therapy
- Mat activities
- Gait assessment / Training
- Posture correction
- Swiss Ball exercises
- Respiratory therapy
- Vestibular exercises
- Ergonomic advises
What Physiotherapy services we provide?
- In patient’s services in the wards and ICU
- Out- patient service
- On call service for emergency cases
- Home Care services
Accelerate Healing with Brace Fitting Services
A properly fitted brace can help assist with proper joint alignment, alleviate pain, and minimize pressure on the affected joints and much more.
Your physiotherapist will determine if a brace is required for your condition, and can answer any questions you may have about your brace such as how often and when it should be worn and what to expect.
Braces for Your Whole Body
Types of bracing devices available include:
- Back braces
- Wrist braces
- Elbow braces
- Ankle braces
- Knee arthritis braces
- Knee ACL braces
- Plantar fascia splints
Benefits of Physical Therapy
- Reduces or eliminates pain
- Improves coordination, balance and muscle strength
- Restores normal movement for standing, walking, and running
- Promotes wound healing
- Optimize recovery from surgery, major illnesses or disabilities
- Provides an alternative to surgery or prescription drugs
- Reduces swelling and inflammation of your joints
- Rehabilitate sporting injuries
- Assist in improving your cardiovascular health
- Provide care to women during and after pregnancy
- Get back to your feet after bony fractures
Opening Hours for Out- patient Services
- 8.30am to 7.00pm – Mon-Friday
- 8.00am to 1.00 pm – Saturday
For all appointments and enquiries, please call Physiotherapy department 605-1000 or email email@example.com