Dr. Nishan MOHEEPUTH
Consultant: Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. Hand Surgery.
Speciality: Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery
- M.D. in General Medicine
- Specialist in Plastic and Reconstructive Microsurgery. March 2013. University of Medicine, Carol Davilla, Bucharest, Romania.
- Fellow in Aesthetic Surgery, Belgium 2016.
Fields of Interest:
- Plastic Surgery (various aspects: burns, skin grafting, flaps soft tissue tumours, keloids management, oculoplastic-periorbital defects, birth defects-cleft lips and palate, rhinoplasty, hypospadias-penile malformations)
- Reconstructive Microsurgery (tissue transfer, microvascular, nerve repairs, nerve transfer for facial palsy)
- Hand Surgery (trauma, functional correction surgeries, congenital/birth defects)
- Aesthetic Surgery (face, body sculpture, breast and cosmetic gynaecology)
- Pioneer Plastic Surgeon in Mauritius to perform a free flap surgery (free microvascular tissue transfer) in November 2013, a complex operation that took 18 hours to save the leg of a young patient from Seychelles.
- Pioneer surgeon in Mauritius to perform complex finger microsurgical replantation
- Pioneer surgeon to perform complex Aesthetic Surgery namely Abdominoplasty combined with laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.
- Pioneer in Microsurgical Facial Nerve Reconstruction
- Dr. Moheeputh is pioneer surgeon of Mauritius to perform Brachial Plexus Reconstruction for the first time in the island. The surgery comprises of Complex Peripheral Nerve surgery.
- Topper of the Romanian Board Plastic Surgery Specialist Exam, 2013.
- Has participated in more than 30 Microsurgical Replantations.
- Instructor of Microsurgery in 7 courses of European Microsurgery workshops.
- Has attended and participated in many European and International conferences of Plastic Surgery.
- Premium Prize at the European Congress of Plastic Surgeons, 2010. (Atypical Replantations of the Upper Limb).
- Visiting instructor in Hand Surgery, New Delhi, India.
|Monday||16.00 to 18.00|
|Saturday||12.30 to 15.00|