Dr. Rachna GOPAL
Visiting Speech Therapist and Communication Pathology
Speciality: ENT, Head & Neck Surgery and Speech & Language Therapy
- BSc in Audiology & Speech Therapy
- Masters in Communication Pathology
- DPhil in Communication Pathology, University of Pretoria
- Head of the Department of Audiology and Speech Therapy
- Clinical experience of more than 25 years in assessment, diagnosis and management of communication disorders in children and adults
- Resource person in training programmes concerning speech-language and hearing disorders and active in conducting research projects
- SPELTA (Speech-language Therapists Association-Mauritius)
- ACPA American Craniofacial and Cleft Palate Association (ACPA)
- ISHA Indian Speech and Hearing Association
Special Clinical Trainings:
- Audiology (Electrophysiological evaluations, hearing evaluations and hearing aids fittings)
- Special Clinical Interests: Early Communication Intervention
- “Identification & Follow-up of Children with Hearing Loss in Mauritius.” International Journal of Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology 57 (2001) 99-113 www.elsevier.com
- Development of speech assessment material for young children with cleft lip and/or palate in a local language” The Journal of the Indian Speech and Hearing Association (2010) www.ishaindia.org.inwww.isia.org.in.
- Presented scientific papers on: ‘Development of a communication assessment protocol for young children with cleft lip and or palate’. September 2005 and September 2009 at the Xth and XIth International Congress on Cleft Palate and related Craniofacial Anomalies, Durban and Brazil.
- Presenting at the International Cleft Palate Conference in Seychelles a scientific paper on ‘An electronic database to improve cleft care in Mauritius’
- Volunteer for Operation Smile Mission (Speech-Language Pathology).
|Tuesday||13.00 to 17.00|
|Thursday||13.00 to 17.00
|Friday||10.00 to 12.00|