Dr. Shailendra R. PETKAR
Consultant Cardiac Anaesthesiology
Speciality: Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- M.B.B.S. – Yr. 1997. (Govt. Medical College, Miraj, Maharashtra, India)
- D.A., D.N.B. (Anaesthesia).Yr. 2000- 2003 (Dr V.M.Medical College, Solapur, Maharashtra)
- Fellowship of National Board (F.N.B.) in Cardiac Anaesthesia.Yr.2007-2009 (Madras Medical Mission, Chennai)
- Specialized in ANAESTHESIA for the following surgeries
- Adult cardiac surgery including beating heart bypass surgery (Off pump and on pump CABG)
- Valve replacement and repair surgeries
- Complex pediatric cardiac surgeries
- Complex vascular surgeries including endovascular hybrid surgeries
- Special training in Transoesophageal Intraoperative Echocardiography (TEE) at Narayana Hrudhayalaya, Bangalore.
- Also interested in cervical and thoracic Epidural anaesthesia, Various Nerve blocks and chronic pain management.
- Assistant professor, Dept of Anaesthesia, Dr V.M. Medical College, Solapur (2002 -2003).
- Junior Consultant in Cardiac Anaesthesia and CCU at N.M. Wadia Institute of Cardiology, Pune (2003-2006).
- Fellow in Cardiac Anaesthesia, Madras Medical Mission, Chennai (2007-2009).
- Senior Consultant in Cardiac and General Anaesthesia, Coordinator of dept of anaesthesia and critical care, Wellkin Hospital hospital (International Joint Commission accredited JCI ), Mauritius since 2009.
- Awarded gold medal in Anaesthesiology (2002)
- Conducted anaesthesia for more than 2500 cardiac surgeries and various procedures.
- Setting up world class Cardiac Operation Theater and Cardiac Care Unit in Wellkin Hospital, anaesthesiology dept.
- Publication in national and poster in international conferences