Dr. Ridwana TIMOL
Consultant in Psychology, Specialist in Sleep Neurophysiology & Neuropsychology
- 2006 to present: Ph.D. in Research in Psychology; Area: Applied Cognitive Science. Focus: The Neuropsychology of Sleep. University of Cape Town (RSA).
- 2012: Diploma in Sleep Medicine I, European Sleep Research Society.
- 2015: Visiting Psychologist, Wellkin Hospital.
- 2015: Women Support Program project coordinator, Morysiens San Frontieres (MSF), Baie du Tombeau.
- 2015: Head of the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in brain-based education program of the Zone d’Education Prioritaire (ZEP) unit, Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research, Mauritius.
- 2014: Health Psychology counselling, Kinosante.
- 2014 to present: Child development psychological assessment and pedagogical support, Lacaze Zenfan, Cite Mangalkan.
- Dec 2013 to September 2015: Neurocognitive consultant for the Society for the Welfare of the Deaf (SWD).
- 2012 to 2013: Head of sleep research, UCT Sleep Sciences-SSEM Thembu Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of Cape Town.
- 2003 to 2011: Lecturer: a. Introduction to Psychology, b. Introduction to Neuropsychology of Sleep, & c. Research Methods, Department of Psychology, University of Cape Town.
- 2007 to 2011: Intern, Sleep Disorder Centre, Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital, Cape Town.
- 2009: Neuropsychology Externship, focus: dementias, Groote Schuur Hospital Memory Clinic, University of Cape Town.
Areas of specialization
- The neuropsychology of sleep & dreaming
- The role of sleep in memory consolidation
- Brain-based education in children affected by effects of poverty
Professional Development & Specialized Training
- September, 2012: Teaching Course: Research Update (basic), European Sleep Research Society.
- September, 2012: Teaching Course: Introduction to Sleep and Sleep Medicine I, European Sleep Research Society.
- July 2010: Department of Psychology’s Writer’s Workshop, University of Cape Town.
- July 2009 to December 2009: Neuropsychology Externship, Groote Schuur Hospital Memory Clinic, University of Cape Town.
- November 2008: Meta-analysis workshop by visiting professor Sigi Sporer, Department of Psychology, University of Cape Town.
- 2003-2005: Neuropsychology Externship, Department of Psychology, University of Cape Town.
- 2004: Training in Communication and Activities of Daily Living when working with aphasics, coordinated by Ms. Carol Legg, Speech Therapist, Department of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Cape Town.
|Thursday||9.00 to 18.00|
|Friday||13.00 to 18.00|