PRIVACY NOTICE FOR VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
C-Care ( Mauritius) Ltd. (“C-CARE” or “we” or “us”) owns and operates Wellkin Hospital (‘the hospital”). We are committed to being transparent about how we process the personal information of the visitors to this website and to meeting our data protection obligations under the Data Protection Laws.
For purposes of this Privacy Notice, “personal information” means any information relating to you from which you can be identified. It does not include data where your identity has been removed (anonymous data).
This Privacy Notice sets out important details about personal information that C-Care collect and hold about you when you visit its website, how that information may be used and your legal rights. Please take time to read this Privacy Notice carefully and contact us if you have any questions about its content.
PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information about:
- visits to our website
- enquiries about our products or services
- information contained in enquiry or booking forms, including through our ‘Contact Us’ or ‘Book an Appointment’ or ‘Patient Registration’ or ‘Promotions’ sections of our websites
If you call our helpline, these telephone calls may be recorded and retained for a limited period for training and monitoring purposes and to help improve our services.
USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information to:
- ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- carry out our obligations arising from any of your requests registered on our website
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, and
- notify you about changes to our products and services.
We take appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect personal information that we hold against unauthorised disclosure or unlawful processing. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files containing unique identifiers, which are sent to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are used to improve your online experience to:
- Make our website operate as you would expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient.
TYPES OF COOKIES
WH routinely uses all two types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
For information on how to delete cookies, please refer to: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser’s-Cookies
- Collect any personally identifiable information without your express permission
- Collect any sensitive information without your express permission
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information (to the extent necessary) to:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, or
- third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
We may use third parties (SAMURAI WEB EXPERTS) to process your personal information on our behalf. Where we do so, we ensure that they process information in accordance with our confidentiality and security requirements as well as in accordance with data protection requirements.
We may also disclose your personal information where we are required by law.
We will only send you marketing information where you have provided your consent to receive it. You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information for marketing purposes by unsubscribing by clicking on the link within the email that has been sent to you.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
If you are a patient and you wish to request details of or a copy of your medical records, please contact the hospital. For all other requests for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing to the Data Protection Officer at the address below. Your request may be subject to a fee.
We will review this Privacy Notice on a periodic basis and we advise you to check back on our website for the latest version.
CONTACTING C-CARE & THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
For further questions or to exercise any rights set out in this Privacy Notice, please contact C-Care Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer
Georges Guibert Street
Phone: +230 601-2300
Last Updated: May 2018