Ophthalmology is the medical and surgical treatment of eye disorders. At Wellkin Hospital we offer international standards of treatment for both common and complex eye disorders.
We bring together talented ophthalmic surgeons with the best modern technology and working environments to ensure the highest standard of patient care.
Up-to-date medical and surgical treatments include:
- Cataract removal (phacoemulsification with foldable intraocular lens Implantation)
- The best quality lens in the world (AcrySof® foldable IOL from Alcon). Surgery is performed through a small incision, which is designed to close without stitches. This procedure reduces astigmatism, thereby minimising the prescription needed for glasses post- surgery. As this surgery is an outpatient procedure, patients may return home the same day.
- Surgical treatment for glaucoma diseases – trabeculectomy (per eye)
- Squint correction
- Treatment for pterygium – excision with conjunctival auto-graft
- Treatment for chalazion
- Retinal lasers
- ROP screening
- Corneal transplant surgery using tissues from Tissue Bank International. (Penetrating keratoplasty +ECCE+IOL ,DSAEK +Phacoemulsification with FIOL)
- CXL-Collagen cross linking for keratoconus
Facilities and Equipment
- State-of-the-art operating theatre
- Well-equipped ophthalmology examination rooms
- Perimetry for visual field testing
- Pentacam® machines for corneal topography
- IROC-UV-X machine for keratoconus treatment
- A-Scan machine
- HVF visual field machine
- YAG laser machine
- Argon laser machine